Patient Service Representative- Fort Worth
June 4, 2019 /
The PSR provides exceptional customer service while being the first to interface with the client either on the phone or as clients enter the center with a prompt, warm and professional greeting. The PSR performs various office clerical duties such as reviewing client insurance eligibility, updating client information, process co-payment and schedule appointments as needed.
This position offers uncapped bonus potential, career advancement opportunity, and free or reduced cost treatments.
- Act as primary receptionist – always puts the client first. Greets promptly, follows up and interacts in a positive manner. Relates and interacts in a positive manner.
- Maintains reception area and waiting room
- Verifies insurance eligibility, provide necessary forms to new patients, updates information on existing patients, reviews for accuracy and scans/copies all insurance cards.
- Notifies the clinical staff when the patient is ready
- Monitors waiting room and updates clients on wait times on a consistent basis; Monitor client flow and adjust nurse scheduling assignments as needed
- Applies all information on insurance plans, accurately identifying and entering FSC into systems
- Collects co-pays at check-in and process according to according to an outlined procedure
- Contacts patients in advance to remind of appointment time and if there is concern of ineligibility from their insurance carrier
- Contact “no-show” clients within the same day and make an effort to reschedule.. – what do they do, reschedule?
- Contact new patient referrals within 24 hours to schedule first appointment
- Ensures client has all information and questions answered about health and treatments received, to include future appointments