Medical Assistant – Fort Worth
May 16, 2019 /
Sona Dermatology and MedSpa is looking for a Medical Assistant to support our newest dermatology practice coming to Forth Worth!
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) position is responsible for providing care for the comfort and well-being of dermatology patients. They are part of a team of providers and front office teams and ensure the best experience for the patient.
- Prepare the examination room for the patient as well as taking patient vital signs and recording vitals in medical chart
- Order and stock medical supplies if required
- Monitor prescription activity, lab specimens and pathology results
- Administer injections and medications, dress wounds and incisions, provide accurate and consistent information to the patient using an established protocol, interpret Provider instructions to patients, assist with emergency and minor procedures, and perform related tasks as directed
- Obtain prior authorization for both prescriptions and procedures in a timely manner
- Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications
- Educate patients and instruct on any medications, treatment plans, etc., under the supervision of the physician
- Perform a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and follow detailed protocols, including: performing and documenting specified procedures and results
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Oversight of all lab functions and compliance
- Perform front office duties which include: check-in/check-out patients, answering phones, scheduling appointments, filing, faxing, emailing, return patient calls, and other duties as assigned
- Other special projects or tasks as assigned