How to Get Started with Botox
June 20, 2016 /
Have you been thinking about BOTOX® Cosmetic for treating those frown lines and crow’s feet that appear naturally with age? You’re not alone – Botox is a treatment that has been experienced by millions of people. Approximately 10.9 million vials of Botox Cosmetic have been sold in the United States since 2002, and millions of people have already made Botox Cosmetic a part of what they do for themselves. Today, Botox Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world.†
Are you wondering how to get started? The first step is finding an experienced and reputable provider that you trust. Your cost will not only include the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist or healthcare professional who is administering your treatment. Botox is a technique-sensitive treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with Botox Cosmetic.
The Sona Difference
Sona MedSpa has been awarded the prestigious Black Diamond status by Allergan, the exclusive manufacturer of Botox, ranking Sona among the top 1% of providers in the country. In addition, Sona’s professional staff is expertly trained and certified by Allergan. You can feel confident choosing Sona’s experience and our top-notch medical providers
What About Safety?
Botox Cosmetic is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries. Botox has a record of experience that aesthetic specialists like Sona know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of Botox Cosmetic have been evaluated in both Allergan sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
Be wary of discount products or “cheap” Botox—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Creating a Treatment Plan
At Sona, you’ll speak with an experienced treatment provider who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you. Your provider will perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas and treatment approach for achieving your goals.
Learn More: Q & A with a Sona Botox Expert
What Should I Expect With Treatment?
- Before your appointment, our provider will ask you what medications you are currently taking, any medical conditions, if you had surgery on your face or plan to do so, and if you are pregnant or nursing or plan to become pregnant or plan to nurse.
- During your treatment, some clients report that being injected with Botox® feels like a pinch. Your provider may use ice to numb the treatment area.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes. Sona providers will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
- After your treatment, you will see real, noticeable results – You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 3 months.
- You’ll look like yourself – only with less noticeable frown lines and crow’s feet. Botox® is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- You’ll return to your daily routine. Treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery; it’s often called a lunchtime procedure.
Ready to Get Started? Take the first step and contact a Sona Skin Consultant today!
†Data collected through June 2014.